A two day summer retreat for Presidents having three years or less experience as President of a Kansas community college, providing an intensive focus on developing relationships, current local, state and national challenges, emerging trends, and opportunities unique to that position. Topics will include such items as:
- Networking Within – Board/CEO relationships, other college relationships, mentors, building your own team;
- External Networking – community, policy leaders, the association, other colleges and universities, business & industry;
- Structure and Environment of Kansas Higher Education, the Community College system, coordinated versus governed, KACCT and internal groups, Kansas community college evolution;
- Financials – Current funding, alternate sources, HLC;
- Advocacy – how to build strategies and move forward with success; Emerging trends—challenges and opportunities; Issues & answers
The Academy also provides opportunities for newer presidents to develop mentor-mentee relationships with more seasoned presidents, focusing on immediate challenges and opportunities that these presidents are facing on their campuses.